Is it disloyal to complain about a manager to their manager's manager? If you like him? And you hate him?
Am I a total timid wimp who is incapable of fighting her own battles?
Am I friends with aggressive, Type A personalities (even though I really don't care for people with aggressive, Type A personalities) because I know they will feel sorry for me and fight my battles for me?
Am I a loser?
Do I have Seasonal Affective Disorder?
And most disturbing of all.... Have I become an exercise addict???
These questions and more on More Thanks, More Fish...the scintillating spinoff of Thanks for the Fish!
Ok, so I know that is soooo a sequel kind of name, but let's face it. More thanks is always a good thing. Gratitude has been CLINICALLY PROVEN to make you less depressed. And fish too! Coincidence?? I don't think so. More thanks + More Fish = Happier People.
Soo... today a coworker (type A, aggressive) and I talked with the VP (super cool, midwestern everyman) about the clusterfuck that is our little department. Ratted out our boss, came up with a better plan. I admitted that I nervous about talking to him and that I felt like a disloyal rat for doing that. Then he basically offered my coworker a management job and I just kind of sat there (on conference call) being silent and feeling like a timid wimp. My coworker, partly to my chagrin, said I should be a manager too. Oh god. So I sucked it up and told myself I didn't care about teh slight until the end of the day when I couldn't figure out why I was on the verge of tears. Ok, so it hurt my feelings! So what! I tell J this and he says "well that SHOULDN"T hurt your feelings." Yeah, I know, honey, but it did. It's ok to acknowledge that, right?
Anyhoo, work blows. I want to write my novel and become independently wealthy. I'm focusing on making that happen. Buuuttt...currently I'm obsessed with cooking. Ok, call me weird, but I bought a book called "1000 vegan recipes" and I'm super excited about working my way through it. Tonight: Creole Red Beans and Rice! I'm no vegan, or vegetarian for that matter, but I do love a culinary challenge and J is into this vegan thing so he can become a super human marathon runner. Bring it! You think I can't handle vegan? I can SO handle vegan. Tomorrow: Mac & Chard!
So maybe it's a coping mechanism to deal with the fact that I am totally miserable at work. What's your point?
And we've joined a pool! Last night we went and spent a full hour lying on our backs and learning how to balance. J, in typical style, has found a book from the library called Total Immersion, which teaches you how to swim. That's cool. Sometimes it's ok to be married to a freak. Otherwise I'd be splashing around in the pool with no clue what I'm doing. I also ran 4 miles yesterday. And get this, I DUG it! Hells yeah, who's a super athlete? Me!
I worked out tonight too. And there's yoga tomorrow. Run on Thursday, swim on Friday. I'm pretty much an animal.
And I'm stressed out about J going back to school. And am worried about money. And I don't sleep, but then I never did.
And now you are up to date!
How's everyone else?
No comments:
Post a Comment