Thursday, December 16, 2010

Not exactly sure

why all of a sudden I feel like blogging again. I wonder if it is good for my writing, bad for my writing, or has nothing to do with it. Anyway, today had some interesting things about it:

- I moved my cubicle at work. I don't necessarily take change all that well and more than once I have freaked out when people have threatened to move me/move other people around me. I think it's just hte feeling that I can't control the situation. This time, I initiated the move. I didn't move far. I just moved out of the "pod." The pod is an open style 4-cube set up where we basically turn our chairs toward each other and chit chat all day. It's not a bad gig. The only down side is that I get ZERO work done. So I said "see ya later" and banished myself to the other side of the pod. Now I'm back in a one person cube and it's sort of a weird experience. It's quiet, for sure. I have no doubt I'll get more done. Yes, I'm a little lonely and am a little afriad that i've hurt people's feelings, but I guess I (and they) will get over it. Mostly, I feel like I've broken up with a long term lover. It's like I need to learn to think for myself again and fare the world on my own. I think it will be good.

- I'm having a cocktail for teh first time in months. I've had plenty of wine in all that time, but no booze. I think I may be over it. But hey, I got the vodka in my yankee swap, so I might as well drink it.

- I started weight watchers (informallly and unofficially) today. I resisted so much fattening sugar-laden disgusting food today that I should get an award. Another good reason to get out of the pod. It's the dumping ground for free food. and the pod at Xmastime is absolutely insane.

- I'm reading a good book about Africa, called Crossing the Heart of Africa.

Oh! I just remembered that I have to post something on my other blog. I ran a 5K last weekend and killed my former time. It's still really slow and I wish I didn't have to say that and I wonder why I even did. Oh well.

- AND I tried root dying my hair for the first time. I was afraid it would look dumb, but I think it turned out ok. Of course it's still wet and the lighting is poor. HOepfully I don't have a dollop of red in the wrong place.

And that's about all the news for the day.

3 comments:

  1. In order to avoid having my blog scrutinized by extended family, I've made it private for the time being. Keep checking back to see when it gets resolved!

    --Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Ha ha...I know how that feels!

    ReplyDelete