Ok, so I realize that the last post was negative and ranty. At this point, I really am just waiting for karma to bite me in the ass. And so, as of today, December 15, I resolve to take a deep breath, relax, find the good in people (and there is plenty), and get into the damn Christmas spirit.
Ok, so that' probabaly not going to happen. But I will talk about some good stuff, as a starting point. I've been swimming. For years and years and years (decades even) I've wanted to swim. I love being in the water. I just never knew what to do once I was in the water. It's been on my list forEVER to learn to swim, but I let my self-consciousness about my body and the general intimidatiion factor stop me in the past. No more! I joined a pool a few months ago, with J, and we're going about twice a week, learning from a book how to swim. Tonight, I just felt so comfortable in the pool and it felt awesome. It's frigid cold here with a bit of snow and we were the only two people in the pool. It was great.
Other good things... I had sex the other night! That was momentous. Doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it's a good thing.
And... I made a pretty darn good cheesecake for the holiday potluck. I was also semi in-charge of the potluck, which was more exciting for me than it probably should have been.
I won a bottle of vodka at the yankee swap.
I feel comfortable with, and genuinely like, a large number of the people I work with.
My book is coming along really well. I'm thrilled with it, actually.
I've been playing Charlie Brown Christmas songs on the piano and have remembered how much I love playing, even though I think I'm regressing.
My sister's coming up (why do I always want to say down?) to visit next week.
My Xmas shopping has been done for a month.
I've decided I want a Kitchenaid mixer (ok, that's not really a positive thing, just a totally random thought that seemed worthy of mentioning for some reason).
I'm reading a ton and enjoying it a lot.
Oh! And I'm becoming a literacy tutor. Volunteer orientation next Saturday! That's another thing I've wanted to do for a long time and finally just took the steps to get started.
So, now that I've convinced myself that I'm not a totally terrible person, just a frequently disloyal and bitchy friend, I'm going to floss my teeth and get to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment